Saturday, February 10, 2007

Things are moving..

What has changed? I have changed some and just recently. I don't care as much about not being with young women when I was their age at a time in my life when I felt I had to live the straight life. My heart ached very much for the woman I loved but she had no clue. So be that period in my life. Love lost.

But anymore I care less and less about what other's may think. I am no longer trying to fool myself or younger people. The problem lived within myself. My young friend love me as I am. Actually, I have fun with them..kidding around.

I think I know what changed my thinking? And that was a wonderful show that Oprah had the other day when she celebrated older women who were in to themselves and therefore very hot! A group of older women entered a contest to pose nude on a Dove advertisement billboard in Time Square for all the world to see. The shot was very tasteful and very thing covered by an arm or a leg. The women were beautiful with wonderful skin and hair.

But, the most beautiful thing about these women is that they felt beautiful! They all had an inner beauty shinning through for the whole world to see and admire.

Actually, I would rather see older naturally attractive women on TV rather than "barbie dolls". I think Helen Mirran is cool! How about the best actors over 50 nominations for the Osars: Helen Mirran, Meryl Streep, Judi Dench, Catherin O'Hara and Maggie Smith. They are redefining the age criteria for leading ladies!

So, I need to send Oprah and Dove a congratulatory letter. The baby boomers' market is huge. If the media was wise they would focus and on the positive attributes this large group of consumers have to offer. Right now at this time in their lives baby boomers have the most spending powers. Marketing agencies are silly not to tap into this large lucrative consumer area.

We baby boomers are spoiled and are used to setting trends and marking traditions and causing major changes in policy and social standards. We, the love child protesters bra burning weed smoking generation are free spirits who will never be like our parents..or like our children for that matter. We had to fight for women's rights, civil rights, Affirmative Action, divorce, right to own property, men's so called professions, birth control and the right to choose!

We are the first women to run, bike, hike, fight for what we want to give our daughters and that was Title Nine.

Hail to the baby boomers, the first group to protest a militiary machine industrial war for profiteering by dodging and protesting the draft and when necessary slipping across the border to Canada for what they believed was a wrongful war! Baby boomers were the first social group to protest for change, demanded change and got it!

If the draft was enforced in this war.. we would be out there again protesting for the same reasons.

No comments: