Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Radical Acceptance

Upon awakening I reached over and pulled out the most attractive from the stack on my night stand. Attractive in soft pastel colors and that new trade paperback Read's Digest size that I like so well. I have this thing about shapes, texture and fit. It fits my hands so well and makes me want to open it up and see what's inside.

The title of the book: "Radical Acceptance" by Tara Brach, PH. D. "Embracing your life with the heart of a Buddha" As I began reading, I began comparing the message of this book to the message of "The Secret" or "What the Bleep Do We Know?" or "How Far Down the Rabbit Hole Do You Want To Go?"

And the difference I found was very interesting. In Radical Acceptance the message is that we should accept what is through meditation ( I call it, putting yourself in "neutral"). In other words accept what is...as if we have no control at all. Go with the flow! Also, when the writer has a miscarriage the guru at the retreat blames her - in front of the whole group humiliating her.

So I came to this conclusion that this book is really about dominance, blame, and patriarchal control.

So, being the outraged feminist lesbian that I am, I much rather prefer the teachings and suggestions of "The Secret" and "What the Bleep Do We Know?" and it Sequel "How Far Down the Rabbit Hole Do You Want To Go?". Here, with these beliefs, I am in control! I control my reality. I have the power and inter beliefs and creativity to live my dreams.

Being the skeptic that I am I'm thinking. Wow! What a money making concept The Secret is. You put it out there with less to nothing overhead because the production and DVD is made up of the investors who are public speakers who get out there (you pay) and they promote their product! Wow what a marketing concept! But then here is what I discovered?

Is it the power of suggestion? Or are we really this connected with the universe of souls that surround us. Are we really this powerful that we can create and control our realities. Is it all perception? Yes!

The Secret suggests that we want it, dream it, visualize it and then let it go! I always ask too that my day be magical! But, here is what I found - it works!

Speaking from personal experience, trust me, it works. And most of my magical days are very sunny and bright and I feel very high with life on those days when the magic happens. My realities and dreams come true are real.. hey I'm still seeing her. It came true. But, what I found was "for her too". So I guess I'll coming together was easy for the universe because we both wanted the same thing. "Hey, let's just put these two together!"

It's magical! So maybe we are evolving as spiritual beings in human form. Maybe we are beginning to see that the old ways do not work so well. Personally, I think ideas like "The Secret" are necessary due to the results of years of organized religion.

Just look what religion as done to us? I've suffered for years of Catholicism bull shit! Oh yes, we are born evil! We are all sinners! Such bull shit! Do I sound angry? I guess I'm not totally over the controlling, manipulating, humiliating upbringing that I was subjected to. Organized abuse at best, All alone without social services to come to your aid to get you out of there!

Why the control over others? What is this need in people to control others. Is it a lack of confidence in parents, in men? Fear? Is it out of fear? And why do people listen to these people? Perhaps because they were raised that way themselves and that is controlled by authoritarian monsters.

Well, I believe that The Secret" frees us from all organized religion that preaches right or wrong, heaven or hell. We are all going to be judged and we will have to answer for our actions. I think speaking of corruption breeds corruption. Religion concentrates on negative behavior. Religion wants you to mess up so they can fix you. So you think you need them. You are broken and they have to fix you for a fee of course...your walet and your soul, your mind! We have all been damaged by brainwashing religion.

So, let's undamage by a positive method (for a change). And that is that we are all powerful. We are all gods. The power lies within us. Each and every one of us has the power to be happy. I recently ditched my negative, life draining family. It was the best move I ever made. May I never see them again. It's been over two years. I am so happy and free!

Yes, I created my own reality. I wanted it, dreamed it and then let it go so the universe can do it's thing and make it happen. It works. But you must believe and never falter from thinking that it can be; that your dream can come true and become reality. You must believe in the process.

I love this stuff! Now I'm out the door to run to the gym to swim. It's the best thing you can ever do for youself...exercise. But, first a few yoga poses to stretch and lossen up.

No comments: