Thursday, June 22, 2006

Gay men having babies...priceless?

Gay men having babies, was on the Discovery Channel this evening. They had on woman of a lesbian couple have the baby. The gay couple was not sure who fathered the baby of the two of them.

I noticed something different between heterosexual couples and lesbian couples in the delivery room. In this case, the lesbian partner (couch) was tenderly holding the delivering mother in her arms and kissing her cheek as she went through the labor and delivery. Wow, such tenderness! In the end she lovingly looked at her new-mother partner and said. " I am in awe of you."

Such a lovely demonstration of the heart of a woman.. and that is what I love about a woman.. her heart. Her tenderness; I never found that in a man. It's the estrogen I guess?

There was a camera shot of the two woman together and the mother holding the baby. And I thought how could they possibly give that baby up (to those two guys)?

I thought they should buy a huge big house and and all found live together and raise the baby. I'm sure all would have troubled, confusing, and heart torn moments. Why didn't the two guys just adopt a baby. Why take that baby away from it's biological mother? I wouldn't be able to do it. Those two women should have raised that baby.

But, both men contributed their sperm and they were not sure which was the true father. I believe they paid the surrogate mother somewhere in the area of twenty thousand dollars. You know there are some things that you just cannot put a price tag on...

No comments: