Saturday, June 03, 2006

Moonshine Ethanol

I saw a wonderful article in BusinessWeek online: Ethanol dazzles Wall Street and the White House. June 3, 2006. Farmers are making it big and it's about time. Long story short corn is getting cooked up into moonshine (Ethanol). Of course a denaturant (poison) is added to deter the drunks. If not could you imagine the fun at the pump and the crazy driving going on. A little for you (the tank); a little for me (the driver!). Now you understand why the denaturant to make it poison. What a hoot!

The larger the portion of ethanol combined with gasoline the cheaper the cost, but lower the power. I suppose as long as the price for gas remains high, we'll see more ethanol plants popping up across the corn belt and beyond. We will have to try very hard to catch up with Brazil however. Their fields are filled with sugar cane and nothing gets wasted from the sugar cane crop; what isn't used for sugar is turned in the ethanol. They predict that they will be petroleum free by 2007.

Just had to make comment when I saw the article. You know we do not want to be left behind and out of the natural, evironmental conscious process. So, I am so glad that the farmers too get a break; up against the big ass oil corporations.

Actually, I don't think it takes must to convert cars into be flex cars, probably just a computer skip; but you know old habits are hard to break and I believe the auto makers of this country will probably take full advantage of the situation, if you know what I mean, Gene.

Auto makers have a history of building in required maintenace; I mean beyond the regular tune-up and oil and filter change. Don't asked me how they time; but as soon as the warranty expires, bang break down! It's broke. I bet that genius who thought of the cheap parts idea got a huge bonus! Everyone know if it's American, buy the extended warranty you'll need it. Actually, this last paragraph should be an article by iself alone. But, as I thought of it, I just couldn't resist reminding everyone. I'm sure it's common knowledge. I read it in one of my college text books ten years ago. Yeah, you begin to learn the truth about things in college. Ask anyone at any age who has been to college and they'll tell you that. Oops, just threw in a another little punch, didn't I?

Let's clean the air, end our dependency on foreign oil, and help out our own people for change; so choose Ethanol.

Namaste!

No comments: