Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Her eyes....

I was walking my rottweiler, later when I got home from running this evening, and the memory of a picture of an abused little girl, appeared in my mind's eye and wouldn't leave. The vision caused my heart to break all over again. I had seen the picture in the newspaper several years back. It happened near Mascoutah, IL and after thirty or more years the coroner, went to TX to get the step-mother who literally kicked this little girl to death...a slow death. The brother, abused too, but not killed finally told things to implicate the mother. The little girl would be coughing up clots of blood at the dinner table in her plate and the mother made her eat them. I can see the little girls eyes, still. Her school picture. Her eyes were sad.. so sad. It breaks my heart. It makes me cry thinking of her eyes. I saw pain like that in eyes last summer. It hurts my heart. No innocent child should have to suffer such mental and physical torture like that. The poor thing! That woman, the step-mother, is serving time now for murder. Those eyes still haunt me for in them was a cry for help and a sense of hopelessness. I will never forget them, never!

No comments: