Sunday, June 25, 2006

I love to troubleshoot!

When I was walking down her front steps Lou expressed her thanks and gave me a compliment. She said. "You can take the tech out of the office, but you can't take the tech out of the technician". When I was working, I loved sectionalizing and troubleshooting network trouble spots.

She had been having trouble connecting to the cable network. We have eliminated many possible trouble spots and have determined the problem may be with her ethernet card/RJ45.

After I was home for an hour she called and asked if I could get channels on my TV. I said yes and then reminded her that she disconnected her cable from the wall for test. "Oh!" She said. "Thanks". I love it!

It just seems like yesterday when she was the computer and internet geek. Well, she still is; she has been messing with this problem for a month and not getting it solved. I just stepped in new with a clear fresh mind. Sometimes two heads are better than one.

I told her at one point I used "go back" after I spoke with Syslink and HP techs; because, I was so hosed up one day after I worked with them I couldn't use my wireless (orginal problem) or my RJ45 point directly to my modem). She goes. "Hmm, I reloaded all my software, I never thought of 'go back'".

I hope she doesn't lose confidence; she is just experiencing a glick in her trouble solving skills.

Another sad thing: One week after her extended warranty expired she thinks her laptop is crapping out. Well, I hope she gets it fixs. Maybe reloading all her softward will help.

All I know is that my laptop worked fine over at her place with the RJ45 and with wireless.

I love to troubleshoot! My horoscope today said I would be giving good advice. Cool!

No comments: