Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Yoga and Running

I think I skipped the 27th! Now that is unusual for me to skip a day!

Anyway, I attended my yoga class today and the instructor started out by saying we were going to have an extremely energetic session because she was all excited. Yes, she said she decided anyway to go on a trip. She said she rented a car and her and her pre-teenage daughter will drive to New England. New England? Does she watch the news, I am wondering? Maybe she should have rented a boat, I'm thinking.

That area had 13 inches of rain in 48 hours. Even in DC the water is backed up into the basements of the National Museums and they are closed.

It sounds like she was ready to go as soon as we it the door. Far be it from me to mention anything. No one said a word! Oh well, I hope all goes well for her!

By the way, we had a fabulous yoga session. I love a good workout! I feel toned and solid. And she touched me today, twice, and in a lot of places. To straighten out my poses of course. Anyway, I like it. I'll take all the gentle slow touching I can get. It's nice. Once when doing downward facing dog and then later on when I was doing this standing triangle thing or something. No, I do not mess up my poses just so she touches me.. I think it would be obvious. Besides I never even thought of faking a miss-pose. I love yoga.

This was our last session until I sign up for fall via the college. I understand; however, that I can go on a walk in basis on Monday and I think Thursday mornings for twelve dollars each. So, I may check the web site and consider that.

The run this evening was a workout! I tried to keep up with the fast folks but they began to lose me on the big hill. After that though, the faster ones split off to run the entire circumference of the park and I followed my good buddy and his new pal, a new member.

I might as well run behind them (or anyone) because I can't try to "push" myself harder and try to talk too. No, I can't talk and run yet. I'll get there one of these days. I'm abstinent and determined as hell. Right now I'm trying to lose some weight and quicken my pace for the fall Lewis and Clark marathon. I"m thinking about doing the biathlon the week prior to the half marathon. Oh why not! I had a blast last hill. God, the hills were awful, but I didn't cramp out, too badly anyone. I'm going to give myself a few days to knock off the gut and get determined then push myself. Maybe while the weather is nice and cooler I'll run 13 tomorrow for training.

We all had a good run this evening except for R. R, one of our founding women, and fast runners of our organization got clipped by a bicycle this evening. Yeah, she scrapped her leg and he took a tumble. He was flying down the hill. She had several "on your left"bicycles past her and as soon as the last one cleared she made a sharp left to get back on the rock path that runs parallel along the hill path. She didn't see him because he was flying down the hill from the other direction. He was okay and she was okay. Whew! That was a close one! Her outside calf of her leg will hurt tomorrow it was bruised, scratched and swelling as we watched her long leg grow larger than the other. I'll be there Thursday evening to see how she is doing. I'll join them too on the holiday, they are running in the morning.. cool! I'll follow the faster ones again. I need to improve.

Thursday morning I plan on running with the women's group from Hartford's. I'll get a workout then too! They are all faster than myself. Hey, you don't get better unless you push it; and they get me breathing hard.

Thank the universe, my knees are fine. I believe my yoga classes may have contributed to my already healthy knees and hits. Yesterday I was wondering why my chins ached and then realized it was all the walking I did for the pride fest and parade over the weekend.

Pride was great this year. And walking in the parade and working the runner's booth was gratifying. It's smart to stay in one place and let all the people walk by me..sooner or later they do. Anyway, it was a fabulous weekend and I'm blessed with many friends!

No comments: