Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I am scared and shaken...

Will I went to the park to run with the group. The one guy brings his "disturbed" kid. Well, the "kid" who rides his bike around and shouts strange things now and then is 15 years old now and appears to have raging hormones. I think he's autistic with turret's.

Evidently his dad is aware, because when he sees his kid run over to sit next to a woman who just raises her shirt for a second because she is sitting there hot from running. He gets close like he wants to touch her. He dad says. "Hey, I told you to get that water, now go get it."

His dad thinks using distraction is effective enough. There is no way, he can be watching this kid all the time. And besides he got the water then just want on to bother someone else, like me. He was in my face and staring at my breasts.

Last Thursday I was talking to Wendy, and he came up close to me and stared at my breast (I have the group's logo t-shirt on over my sports bra, for god's sake!) He gets close mumbles and I can't understand him. He reaches out like he wants to touch me. I back way up and move away.

This evening he did it again but two different times. I actually got scared! I jumped up from my chair and moved away and began talking to other people. So he just moved to someone else. Evidently he likes us hot and sweaty (after the run).
"
Soon he sat down next to Rita and before long a guy from the other side of the table said. "Are you flirting with Rita?" Finally, his dad notices and says to Rita. He doesn't realize what is or isn't appropriate behavior. If he gets to be too much just slap him, maybe that will scare him enough!" I don't think Rita said anything. No body said anything. Before long Rita and Wendy got up to leave, and got ready to leave too. Later when I called her she said she and Wendy talked about Danny and his dad on the way home.

Well, for one thing. I believe it's no one place to have to correct or try to control "his" kid. For another, I think there is no control. I gave this kid a dirty look while he was bothering me. I look hard into his eyes..nothing! Blank!

Personally, I think if he was eyeing up a woman and she slapped him, I think he would think it was okay to retaliate and just do what he wants to her.

The kid scared me! I was very upset during my drive home and when I got home I called Lou, then called Rita and Wendy. Rita (she's an officer) said she and the other officers would talk to Mike.

I said here we are Pride weekend coming up wanting new members to sign up. We can't present this problem to new members. Obviously, the kid appears to be straight so the guys in the group are oblivious even the dad doesn't see how serious this is or just doesn't understand how this inappropriate behavior makes a woman feel any woman. It is especially disturbing to a woman who has been abused.

Mike should not be bringing this kid with him to our events and he has been bringing him more and more; in fact all the time. I almost think he thinks it's cute or he just doesn't understand the negative effects. Well, the guy sitting across from Rita sure noticed - he's a teacher.

I guess many times family members just are too close to notice or don't think their kid would do anything terribly wrong; or just can't imagine what they are capable of doing. Well, the fifteen year old, is not a kid anymore....he's a raging hormone time bomb.

Well, I trust my intuition and my gut and my gut was scared, very scared. Mike is going to have big trouble on his hands because this kid is taller than he is and bigger. Just want until the kid realizes his strength. Just wait until the day he realizes he can actually frighten someone. Just wait until the day, he realizes he can take what he wants..

Mike is going to have big trouble with this kid. Slap him? Hell the kid is bigger than I am and stronger... I should provoke him, yet........get real Mike!

I'm still shaken. Rita asked if I will come to join them Thursday evening.. I said I don't know... I told Tracey, if I calm down by them. I think I'll just wait until Saturday morning.

This is disturbing and I'm a little depressed and sad too.

What a violation to my safety, when someone like that gets right into your space. It's frightening because I know I see trouble in the near future with this kid - real trouble.

No comments: