Sunday, September 10, 2006

My Horoscope Matched My Magical Event

September 10 Whatever tasks or chores you may have to perform today are likely to go much more quickly and efficiently than usual, dear Libra. Your level of common sense is high, as is your level of physical energy. Success in any kind of enterprise you take on today is strongly indicated, so don't be afraid to try anything - no matter how outrageous it may seem. By the way, don't be surprised if other people come to you for advice.

I participated in a biathlon this morning. I ran 5 miles in 48 minutes then rode 22 very hilly miles for a total time of 2:40. Ten minutes longer than last year but I have a good excuse.

You see at the 12 mile, after I had completed all the super ruff hills, I had a flat tire. A woman rider stopped and helped me pump it up. Of all days, I had stripped my bike of pump and spare to keep the weight down. I was hoping it was a slow leak and that pumping it up with air would last until I rode ten more miles across the finish line.

Well, it went flat again within a mile. I asked other riders passing to tell the sag wagon if they saw it. But, I truly dreaded working that hard and not being able to finish.

The tire was flat but it was a new tire and was staying on the rim so I decided to go for it. I popped another Accel Gel pack and took off even rider faster speed averaging about 14 MPH. Down hill I hit 25 MPH at one point. I felt good about this and praying that the tire would stay on the rim. I was warned that I was probably going to ruin my rim but I didn't care. I was determined to cross the finish line. I could always buy a new rim.

Surprising so the miles flew by before I knew my odometer registered 15 miles, than 18, and then 20. I was flying high! Only two more miles! My tire was hanging on and I was buzzing.

I did it! I made it across the finish line! I was ecstatic! So, excited and flying high! People were friendly. The girl would help me was surprised I made it! Another guy was interested in my story and found a pen for me so I could mark down my times.

I spoke with the iron woman herself MP, a local there. A sure fire winner. We had in depth conversation about life and sex or life without sex.

She told me about all the events she entered and I said you must have a room full of medals. Well, I didn't mean to make her feel bad. She won first place and wanted to give the medal to me. I tried to say no. I ended up with it. Now I feel bad.

So in the morning I'll call her and invite her for dinner and possibly more - I think we are both looking for the same thing without all the baggage and ties- if you know what I mean

I didn't get her number. She mentioned something about giving me her number.. but forgot I guess - She's leading bicycle rides in the fall.

I do have a way to reach her and they said the best time was early morning.. I'll make sure I call her. I don't think I'll feel any differently.

I do think I set her up to feel bad about the medal thing and in turn now I feel bad..so I need to make that up somehow.

So, I"ll let you know! Oh, and according to my horoscope, I believe I did use common sense, had more energy in the way of determination, and I did give advice. Hey, this one guy who trailing behind me asked afterwards, what I had in my hands as I was running. I told him about the Accel Gel. I never used any on the run but I like to have it with me. I had two packs in either hand and it acts like slight weights too to keep my arms flowing nicely.

No comments: