Sunday, September 17, 2006

Raining Like Hell!

I just got all my shit out of the car. It's pouring! I did fabulously well getting my kayak up the steps to my second floor condo! Did I get stronger? More determined? Or just learned how to pick it up with my right hand and stick my elbow in the hole and carry it up the steps. A pie walk! A piece of cake! Even going around the around, down the hall making the twist through the second bedroom out on to the back patio all went superbly!

There were a few times on the kayak trip that I thought I would just get rid of the thing and rent one each time I got; but once again since everything went okay I think I'll keep it for another annual float!

The first day we floated ten miles instead of the normal five miles. The three of us who have kayaks thought that we would drive up to the ten mile start leave the kayaks with one person and then two would drive the two cars back. Well, that would have worked out fine if we would have have started out too late and miss the bus ride with the rest of the crew to the starting point.

We called the place and told them to go on without us. After the float we borrowed a car and the three of us drove up in one car to get our two cars to come back to the take out point to load up our three kayaks. I know, I know, it all sounds very confusing! Sometimes it does to me too!

We did the same the next day, but it was only a five mile float so we easily had enough time. Actually, we are used to timing ourselves for the five miles float. It was the ten miles float distance and time that threw us off. I supposed it's true, we are creatures of habit.

I still have time, I could go to a "Crash" movie discussion but can't decide if I want to go or not. So far I did not recognize anyone going. Now that that should make a big difference. I should go.

I'm enjoying my solitude. I love my friends but I am used to being alone I think. The moment I got in the car I was feeling wonderfully free and content! I was raised alone mostly. So, I can't help it!

I think I'll skip the discussion. It's very racial; the movie is racial! It would be good however. I watched the movie last Thursday evening. I just need to stop and get something sweet. I'll take a shower and decide. And Emma has already been out!

No comments: