Thursday, July 06, 2006

Another Cool Night!

Again I fight sleep, because it is incredibly cool outside and I feel the 60 something temperature slipping through the screen of my open patio door. I want to enjoy this cools breeze and the night sounds of creatures in the grass and tree frogs because I know it won't last.

Oops, I just doze off for a second. I had a tough busy day and I'm tired! I love this weather. Emma my rottweiler loves it too, she has settled her ninety-some pounds down to sleep for a sleep.

Earlier I watched President and Laura Bush on Larry King. In all honesty, I was impressed. Bush actually sounded like he really knew what was going on with all the topics that Larry asked about. I'm sure Bush had time to read up and get briefs as to how to response to the questions. He did a pretty impressive job. He has over two years to redeem himself. I think he wanted to before the mid-term elections to keep the house and senate. The republicans already have the supreme court in their pocket.

Oh well, as long as the stock market works and most people have decent paying jobs to afford all these over half-million homes that being built. Who would have thought it? People who are now in the 80's probably paid $30,000 for a very nice 4 bedroom home with basement in a nice neighborhood in the 1950's. You know when cars costs about $3,000. for a Ford Galaxy. Amazing? Who would have thought it. Now that home is probably worth ten times that much.

And I love the way that lots come at a premium. Old homes are torn down and new over $600,000 built in its place. Well, this is good, I supposed because it does increase the tax base and value of the other homes still standing in the neighborhood.

And condos, look how popular they have become. In the mid 1990's I couldn't sell my condo at all. No one wanted condos. Everyone was busy moving to the suburbs and now the trend has reversed piratically because baby boomers and empty Nester's want to save gas money and move back into the city for convenience.

In 2005, I finally sold that condo. It sold fast. People living in the complex told their friends and I sold in four days. Actually, as soon as the realtor put the sign between the doors for me to stick in the window.

I like where I live now, in another condo, smack dab in the middle of the city. I'm surrounded by friends and convenience and ever increasing condo values, because a new condo complex is being built adjacent to the property.

Can't stay awake any longer.. It's midnight and I'm finished with my thoughts for the day.. oh that is until I read my daily horoscope...

No comments: