Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Melissa Etheridge Concert 7 12 06 !

What a blast! What a memorable event! Just short of a three hour concert! Melissa Etheridge was fabulous as I knew she would be.

My seats were in the first row of the lower baloney dead center of the stage. I watched my friends in the second row orchestra section stand for three hours; but I'm sure they didn't mind. I almost got seats in that area but for some reason my fan club application didn't go through the first time and when I found and corrected the problem that area of seating was already taken so it was the lower baloney for me.

Melissa performed with her three piece band. The lead guitar player was outstanding and at times more than stole the show.

I have never been to a Melissa Etheridge concert, but you can bet the next time she is in town I'll be there again all in style with a black t-shirt sporting her picture and date of places of concert locations for 2006 "Road Less Traveled" tour.

I'm definitely a fan! She recently had a life changing experience and it has effected us all through her music and concert.

Melissa rocks! Packed the house and played for just under three hours! Yes, three hours which was only interrupted by a standing ovation and demands for an encore!

Melissa wrote and sang the "Race for the Cure" theme song for this year. She also wrote and sang the them song for Al Gore's "Inconvenient Truth" movie. She said that their three tour buses and two trucks all ran on used cooking oil. She mentioned that the big tanker trucks had just pulled up today and filled up all the vehicles.

Melissa also sang the Janet Joplin hit "A little piece of my heart" that she sang at the Emmy's

Words cannot describe how impressed I was with the whole evening's events and how smooth running the entrance to the Fox and finding our seats went. We parked at my friends workplace in secured well lighted parking area and walked the three blocks to the threatre passing the congestion of people parking in lots for $8.00. And our seats were fabulous too!

As I sat there I thought of several people that I would have liked to have shared the evening with, but it would have been a new experience and probably this was not right for that so I took my ex. She is my best friend and my family. She truly enjoyed it and was most grateful which made me feel better about not wanting to go to the Santana concert she had bought tickets for one year for my birthday. It was ignorant of me not be want to go after I carried on about their hit single and she thought it was be a nice gesture. I think that was around 2000. So, I hope I more than made up for that selfish act.

Hopefully I have matured intellectually and emotionally through the years to be more considerate and appreciate people's efforts into making me happy. I know it's an ongoing lesson

No comments: