Sunday, July 30, 2006

Long Day

It seems a long time ago that I rode 20 miles. It's evening now. I'm tired. I was up at 4:30 AM and decided to go for a bicycle ride at dawn while it was still cool and I could get in about 20 miles before my golf lesson at 10:00 AM.

The ride was good, but a little steamy in the beginning; as the sun rose and the air began to move it began more bearable. I stopped and got pastry. Yes, I sinned, but I need to fuel for energy. All in all, the ride went well. I love riding the deserted early morning streets. It gives me a great feeling that they streets are mine. Makes me wish traffic was that light all the time. I even celebrated with a Starbuck's grande decafe iced mocha.

I had a frozen Snickers at my golf lesson and a bottle of icy water. The lesson went well because the instructor is cute and cool. He's a very good instructor. I am looking forward to putting what I have learned into use. I'm not sure if I'll get to the driving range tomorrow. But, I might! It's supposed to be another scorcher of a summer day.

I'm getting up early again to be at the park and run around the lake at least once before Liz gets there to walk at 7:00 AM. I need too, to make sure I take back cables I'm not using to ACE hardware. Better make myself a note! Or at least put the bags into clear view on my car seat so I see them in the morning.

Then I need to go to Home Depot and get the proper cables that I need; which are six and 9 or 10 feet ratchet cables. Messing with these cables and my kayak makes me miss 05SL; but, what a wonderful memory I have.

No comments: