Thursday, July 27, 2006

Golf and Girls

Last evening the golf lessons went very well. The instructor, besides being very cute, speaks clearly and in simple terms so us golf illiterates can easily understand :)

I'm looking forward to hitting a bucket of balls as soon as I finish here and do my "yoga for golfers" that I watch on cable free on demand. Such a deal! Whenever I want to do it - it's there ready to watch. So cool!

Tonight the plan is the run with the group and see sweet face. She just brightens my day. Can't help it! She's adorable! I think Tracey must have noticed my admiration for her; she looked at me in this smirk, smiling, twinkle in the eye way that I didn't quit understand. But, I got a funny feeling I'll hear her interpretation on Saturday morning.

Last week I expressed interest in the rolling woman; but, I think I was just trying to find a likeness and softness there. It's not there! She may be very nice, but no sparks. "You're ignoring me! Well, I ignored you last week!" She said. What? Actually, I wasn't really listening. Caught me! I was watching sweet face across the way; but, it would be impossible for her to be attracted to me. Don't ask me why I'm so attracted to younger woman. Maybe it's because I totally missed out of my teens, 20's, 30's, and 40's of loving women. You would be a little nutty too! (I came out when I was 40 and immediately jumped into a 15 year relationship - what was I thinking? Oh I know still trying to do it "the right way" - it was "time". Truth be told I do care about my ex still as a very close friend and confidant. She's the family I never had!)

I'm looking for sweetness and softness not directions, orders or "why you doing that" questions. Maybe what I want doesn't exist. Maybe it only exists in people who are really not that interested in me.

Little sweet thing is adorable and doesn't do any of that. What happens to people as they age? Where does the sweetness go. Why through the years does all that knit picking begin to matter. Let it go!

My blind date a month ago: "Open that chair; you're just going to have to fold it up again when we move." What? We were looking for her friends in the park and she added those words of advice. There was more of the same. Hell, my ex wasn't that bad; she only spoke over me. This one relies on her friends to entertain me. Sorry, I'm just going off about a somewhat sort of blind date. Well, she didn't look anything like her picture. So, I guess that's blind! Anyway, by the time I met her in person I had a totally different mental image of her and she didn't fit it. So, I guess on-line dating is not ideal for me.

Time to hit some golf balls. Gosh! Golf - something that is easy to understand, simple as black and white and never really changes.

No comments: