Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Being Myself?

From DailyOM: When you are comfortable being yourself while among groups of diverse individuals of various levels of social status, your personality will help you maintain a solid presence. Often, when we find ourselves interacting with people whose demeanor's are domineering or who are forcefully expressive, we feel uncomfortable and simply fade into the background while others exert control.

Being yourself, however, means being comfortable with who you are and your level of accomplishment. You will let the light of your personality shine forth and, in doing so, you will become a vital part of the gatherings in which you take part. As a result, people will be eager to hear your thoughts and ideas. When you allow your natural personality to shine today, you will present a confident and knowledgeable air.

That's me! When I am with a domineering woman who is forcefully expressive, I do feel uncomfortable and fade into the background while she exerts control.

In the past I gravitated towards domineering personalities; it's the way my mother was. I am conditioned I guess. It's painful and I can do it for a while; maybe months, maybe years. But then after a while I go away! Either I push you away or just go away.

All I want to do is love and be loving with common regard and equality, if you will, for each other. I think it's called consideration.

My Ex always got wrapped up in the moment and spoke over me, drowned me out, or offered my services. " X will do it for you!" Well, what can I say when she says it in front of a group of people. "I said you would do this for so and so!" She did this recently.

Apparently we are falling back into the same patterns and drove me away in the first place.

I can't take pushy and bossy.

What I can take is a lot of affection and sweetness.

I want to be in love! I want to be head over heels in love and have her love me too. I would love for her to be very compassionate, sweet and loving!

Sounds like a dang miracle to me! Oh and sexy, slim, athletic and cute!

No comments: