Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Is it really raining?

Appears my friend and I just got our walk in and I finally think we will see some rain now. Of course, on my way home I drove through the car wash; you know the one for eight bucks with the finish protect ant that I hope works. For most of it's life my small SUV had the luxury of the coverage of either a work garage or a home carport. I went mostly from one to the other for about six years. Now it has to sit outside in all the elements so I try to keep it protected as best I can. For as old as it is the finish is fabulous. Knock on wood - it runs great too! And I pray everyday got to get involved in an auto accident because if it's totalled I would have the some what unexpected added expense of a "down payment".

Fortunately I live in a place where my friends, activities and shopping is near by so I prefer to ride my bicycle and slip my backpack to run errands. It's great! I love riding my bicycle to run errands besides I feel as if I am doing my part to conserve gas and clean air.

Yet, even though I'm doing my part sometimes motorist get a little impatient. I guess that would be though "I don't have a clue" about air quality factors or maybe they are crabby because they just paid over three bucks for a gallon of gas.

Or maybe they are crabby because they are subconsciously sorry that they purchased the big-ass SUV that guzzles gas like it's dying of thirst.

Well, see, I made it rain spending eight bucks to wash my car. Now, I hope it rains enough to do enough good to green up the brown grass and rinse my car good enough again to avoid spotting.

Of course I won't leave my home until the pavement dries again whenever that is....don't want to slop it up.

No comments: