Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I'm All Fired Up!

I signed on as a user on the www.dailyom.com site as to search for me search "username" dianne.

Supposively it is a site for nuturing mind, body, and spirit. Well, I am beginning to thing that most members are slightly conversative. As I created my profile something enticed me to begin with the words..I am a lesbian and I am beginning to get email from other members. Some not so happy or like minded, or even open minded for that matter. And they call themselves spiritual?

One of the first things that I learned in spirituality class is that in the spirit world there are no genders, no sexualities per say. We are mere kindred spirits loving one another. So of course, when you come into human form you don't care. Or, actually, what my faciltator suggested was that if we are prejudgiced in one lifetime about something, in the next life, we might just come back as that very thing is were prejudice about.

Another thing that I learned was when we hate something, a little bit of that thing we hate lies within us. And this to me makes sense. If a "straight" person was so comfortable in their sexuality, why would it bother him or her if someone was gay? Why would you hate that difference; why would it sicken you unless it lies deep within surpressed; wanting to emerge but being pushed back down.

Anyway, Anita thought that I was blantantly flaunting my sexuality. Why, we don't! Hello! Do you watch TV or go to the movies?

She knew that I was born that way; that I choose my lifestyle..I enlightened her further. Most gay people had a knowing that they are gay from a very young age of four perhaps. I did! I only experimented with the "straight" life becuase of church, government, social and media pressures. I lived a lie.

I went on to explain to her the connection I feel with women. I told her I was a one woman woman and I love deeply and compassionately. And the one I love is very precious to me. I adore everything about her body, soul, and mind. I never could make the connection with men.

I also stated that I was confused by some straight women; because they have the same complaints I had when I dated men and to me that was very confusing. I celebrate the cute pertiness, idiocyncrasies and uniqueness of her ways. I'm at home in my sexuality; finally, I'm at home and at peace.

I thought I did a superb job commenting on her remarks. I was understanding and friendly and appreciative of her concerns. I welcomed more and expressed my thoughts that I hoped I helped many others to understand the gay lifestyle that it is truly not a choice.

Enought of that for now...I'll sound off more at M's this evening. I hope I get to see my SL there tonight. I miss her. It was so cool to see her there last week. My love has not faded one giggly bit. But now, I have to look up some chords so I can play a song for my instructor and let her know my playing level. This should be interesting and fun!

No comments: