Thursday, January 05, 2006

Nice Day

Well, I didn't get moving until close to one and then I decided to run about eight miles via Clayton. I got to the five mile mark, of course I was going down hill at the time, and decided to run all the way into the park. It is over five miles when I got to the turn-around point. I was doing pretty good on the jello, crackers and hand full of vitamin pills I took about ninety minutes before I started out.

When I walked Emma, it felt cold; but I forced myself to bundle up and get out there. I was due! I don't think I ran since Sunday. I walked about six miles on Monday and I walked probably around four on Tuesday while "walking" errands. So, I felt due for a run. Oh, and I had yoga Wednesday evening, so I was feeling firm, stretched and energized.

So, I was feeling good and ran all the way inside the park; I was trying to follow a similar route we might be taking March 19th for the half-marathon. The route is mostly downhill about half the way and with the wind at my back, I was cruzen. It was overcasted and 36F degrees.

I had gloves on ( a good thing, later on my fingertips were cold), cap, two long sleeve jerseys and tights over my biathlon shorts.

I didn't have any nutritional packs with me; I was going to see if I could do it without them. And as it was I didn't feel too bad; I was glad to get home though I know I'm getting hungry when I plan what I'm going to eat when I do. I was thinking about it on the way back at miles eight.

I cold feel I was getting pretty tired, and I misjudged a slanted curve in the sidewalk and I knew I was going down. Actually, I think I fall very gracefully, why not, it was in front of heavy traffic; any how, I think I was going to I just let myself go. I never try to catch myself and I didn't this time either; besides it all happens so fast there is no time too. I roll to my left shoulder all the way down and my legs were curled up. Funny, for a second I thought of the yoga class the night before for our legs are usually up in the air. I think the flexibility training pays off especially during a fall. I saw that my shoulder was headed for grass; way to go I thought, beats landing on concrete. My right knee hit the sidewalk and as well as my gloved hand. No big deal, I sprung up like a spring board. It had to be comical to see. So, I lucked out again. No marks on the body and taking a couple of Ibruprofen I am fine.

Next time as sick of them as I am getting, I think I will take a nutritional gel pack along, just in case. After the fall the rest of the run home was okay, I could tell that I needed nutrition though. I felt slightly light headed. My fingers were freezing; I was glad to be home. I only hope that March 19th is a super spring like day and not bitterly cold or raining. I registered for another one on April 9th; I have my fingers crossed and prayers in for that day to be an extraordinarily lovely day too.

You know my last three falls have been that lucky to land on grass: The first I was leading a group of bicyclist Labor day 2004, and I turned around and my weight shifted I knew I was going, but didn't worry when I saw that my knee was going to land in the flowerbed munch. The second was when I was leaving my friends house, October 2005, and turning around to talk to her I forgot about the step up on her sidewalk and again my shoulder landed on the lawn. I felt the slight touch of the blades of grass on my cheek; I was way down there that time. But, again I didn't try to catch myself. I was limber then too; will I had a glass of wine, Sandra drove, so I took advantage of the designated driver; besides she had just had an accident and was driving her new van, I knew she would be careful!

Back to today, I know I wander. I got home about 3:30; I was cold, my fingers were freezing and I was glad to be home. My time was 1:47:58 and 10.08 miles. I don't know about my GPS sometimes when I feel that I am practically flying it show 11:00 pace and tells me to speed up. I am hoping that it adjusts itself along the way.

I began to eat and immediately felt better. I fixed a good dinner of chicken, sweet potatoe and peas. I had plans for a dance lesson later on and wanted to make sure I had enough water too.

The dance lessons were super; I have always daydreamed of leading while dancing the swing. In my daydream, I'm superb like John Trivolta. But, I had always followed and thought that trying to learn to lead would be difficult; not true. I had a blast. I love to dance. I'll probably be going for awhile I think and I hope enough people continue to attend so I have a partner when we go to dances. As it is, the earlier class which begins at seven are all couples and they have been attending for a year. They are excellent while doing the Fox Trot, Swing, and we saw them dancing the Cha Cha too. I missed my summer love, but you are not into dancing; still, I missed you.

I want to hold your troubled heart and although I know I can't fix anything, I guess I only want to comfort you, I guess. Right now, I'm afraid to talk to you; it's obivious you don't want to speak to me. I'm going to give it time; till you see that I'm not a threat. Either way, or anyway, you are always in my heart. Don't feel like you couldn't deliver; I couldn't either. You can't love and I can only love from a distance. Amazing!

I miss you but I'm having a blast without you! My weeks are getting busier. I think I'll call Music Folk and sign up for guitar lessons. I want them with , who Robin teaches there. I met her on Thanksgiving Sunday at a friends house. She's family so I thought that that would be nice to support her and not someone else. Hopefully she teaches on Monday evenings, because that is the only week night I have open I'm happy to say.

Soon too in April I will be taking a writing course at the local college; I have registered already. I will be getting hints on the efforts of writing the story of my life. I have many things to say that I hope will entertain as well as enlighten parents so they understand just how tough being gay is on a kid when they have to support at home. It's a shame that children have to cry and worry and be fearful of coming out to their parents. Kids worry about it for months before they can get up the nerve. And then when they do tell their parents; the parents are ignorant and response like "Oh I knew that!". So, why didn't you support the kid all along. Commenting like this is merely patronizing the poor kid. Parents need to learn how hard the struggle is to be different in a narrow minded society. The media, government and church certainly do not help the situation in anyway; they actually make matters worse. It's just amazing to me how very slow cultures grow in social acceptance and knowledge of human nature.

Well, my fire had just about burned out, so I guess it is time to go to bed. By the way, I have a new neighbor and she is extremely quiet. Good stuff!

Tomorrow night is poker, Saturday morning, I'll run with my running group and Sunday I'll gather with friends to watch the season opener of the L-Word.

I am most fortunate to have moved here and have met so many wonderful people. I pray so they are all safe, happy, loved, healthy, wealthy and wise. Please protect the ones who don't know they need to be protected. Good night!

No comments: