Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Please keep her safe!

I asked her when she was leaving so I knew when to start praying. "Friday right after work." It will take six hours. That's a lot of praying, but I'll do it! I didn't tell her about the praying, I didn't want to sound totally like a mother. But, in my heart I certainly will be saying prayers.

She's the one who fell asleep coming back from a float where she didn't get any sleep. She could have been killed but the semi nipped her right side mirror and the crushing glass woke her up. Yes, woke her up. She was driving in the left lane and only two exits from her home.

I gasped thinking of the possibilities when she told me. I prayed for her that time when I knew she was going on the float. They can get crazy. For some reason I just felt the need to pray for her.

Yesterday she was telling us she doesn't travel well. I got closer to her and looked into her eyes and said. "Try hard; try very hard. I want you to come back." "Okay" She responded with big smiling eyes that just melt your heart.

Her eyes smiled at me later when we were parting and I said. "Be careful!" in a slightly pleading voice. She likes me too. We have a very special relationship, she and I. We're close in a sort of way; nothing fancy, no daily cell calls, just a kind of knowing. We just know.

I had a scary thought just now - me watching over her, being protective. I sincerely dread the thought that that could reverse one day. Personally, I hope I go suddenly right when I'm still able to be active. But, that really shouldn't be a concern since I'm using my mental powers to restore my thirties. Only with firmer legs this time; I already have them. I remember when my inner thighs would rub together when I tried to run..no more. Actually, I'm in better physical shape now then I ever was.

I'm praying already for her so her trip is safe and she stays awake. She's driving my herself.

I had suggested espresso beans. But, if she is like me they'll work after she gets there. She is a lot like me; it's why I love her.

I love seeing her out at the bar where I can easily slip my arm around her and kiss her head and tell her that I admire her and like the way she thinks.

When I left last time, I hugged her, kissed her head and said. "I love you!"
She is precious to me. We ran for awhile together her and I falling last of the group. But, she's getting faster. Last week I told her to go on as I stopped to huff and puff for a second. "But, you have waited for me in the past." She said. Later after we got back I told her she is getting fast and soon will give the fastest ones, including her buddy, a good run.

I felt uncomfortable holding her back. This week she brought a friend to run with. Now, I can go at my own pace. And I did good too in the cooler weather. I just need to lose a few pounds. Only for an instance was I just the slight bit jealous. Well, I'll miss our little conversations as we ran; on the flat, up hill all bets were off. She's getting faster quickly. I mean fast and thinner. She's back to being herself. I guess that is one thing is do have in common. We were both in long term relationships where we lost ourselves. We both gained weight. Her and I just need to learn to be able to be ourselves in a relationship.

She is special to me and I to her, I know that. She brightens my day! I love her - cause she laughs at my silly jokes. I might be talking to someone else, and when I hit the punch line, I hear her giggle too. I love her. I know in my heart she'll be safe this weekend and that she is having a great day at work. The little ones give her hugs, is that just too adorable?

Please come back safe. I've already told her she is smart with great common sense just generally speaking. She hears all that when I see her out and she tell me about the women who are interested in her.

Funny, how some people just click!

No comments: