Thursday, August 03, 2006

Smoking is Allowed

The county was going to put it to vote to ban smoking in all restaurants. But yesterday the county council vote extinguished the latest smoking ban bill.

I'm sure that makes all those hacking, coughing, wheezing people (without insurance?) happy. Go head and kill yourself! "Yeah, I just don't know why I had to get cancer?" Hello! You've been smoking your fool head off for twenty years what do you expect? And they get mad yet? Just how ignorant are people? "I have a right to smoke if I want to!" Yeah, those are the same people the state could not convince to wear their seat belt. Obstinate and ignorant is the worse combination

The other day after a ride the four of us went to a greasing spoon breakfast stop. Sorry, to stay we had to sit in the smoking section. I'm not really accustomed to watching people smoke any more. It looks so foreign. I can't imagine why anyone would want to? They are highly addictive and poison. Not to mention expensive!

Isn't this 2006? As a society are we not progressing at all? Are we not becoming more enlightened; gaining just a little bit of self control and common sense?

And isn't it amazing how the most self abusive are the poor without health insurance. It's as if to say well I'm already down being poor and all might as well kick myself on top of it.

Might as well get fat too!

Sitting in that restaurant after riding my bicycle for 36 miles (a healthy activity!) I felt as if I was sitting amongst visitors from Mars. They were poor, fat, eating grease, smoking and looking much older than their years. People are so amazing to me.

No comments: